Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Lesson about Crony Capitalism for the OWS Crowd

A Lesson about Crony Capitalism for the OWS Crowd

You have to wonder how long America will stand by and let itself be raped by the crony capitalist and unions. I hated TARP and the auto bailouts because they didn't let nature take its course to burn away the chafe. Now we see the cronies donating heavily to Romney and Perry, so what are the Angry Joes suppose to think is going to happen if either of them get elected. I am afraid for this country if we don't wake up to the reality that or government is for sale to the biggest donors. We are supposed to have a representative government, but it hasn't represented me in a long time. I want less federal and state intrusion. I want secure boarders. I want equality under that law and the law equally enforced. I want the market to decide outcomes not the feds. Cain may have his issues and his 999 plan may not be perfect, but at least he is trying to bring real change to the system. I will begin to worry about my support for him if he is suddenly flush with cash because that means the big money donors are putting their hooks into him. I would rather see him struggle and win on the backs of the grassroots, than sell out to corporate interests.

The thing is that all the elites and pundits say that he can't win because he does have millions of dollars on hand. This is funny because last time I checked it was votes that got you elected. I know it takes money to get your message out there and to pay people to make phone calls and stage rallies, but the truth is that if you have a message that resonates with the voters you can rise up and slay the money supported dragon. I have questions about the 999 plan, but I also know that unlike Romney and Perry I know that Cain has yet to sell out, that alone is enough to get my vote. I want change and that isn't going to happen by supporting the big money candidate. I am again today donating what I can afford to Cain to keep the wolves at bay and allow his message to get out. I only hope more of the grassroots do the same. I want to put an end to pay to play in our government and representation of special interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment