Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with Fannie and Freddie?

What to do with Fannie and Freddie?

I know what to do with them and it is let them fail or survive in the competitative marketplace. If they can't survive then they should declare bankrupcy and sell off their assets. A novel idea to let the system work as intended and not burden the tax payers with the criminal management of these two entities. Our government needs to shed itself of the things that it has no place being involved in and focusing on the things that it should be doing like fixing the tax structure and cutting huge amount of spending and figuring out how to fix entitlements so they are not government run any longer. I have come to the end of my rope on the Washington BS and it is now time to actually start fix this damn mess.

3 comments:

  1. The real bad fannie freddie debt has been sold at par to the FED.

    I've positioned my assets for total economic collapse.

    beebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My understanding that is what they are planning on doing. My local paper used the narrative that Obama is trying to work with the tea party. Hmm, I don't think so, but I will still welcome him ridding us of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad that more Americans are not grabbing torches and pitchforks to protest the complete mess our government has landed us in with this boondoggle. And this mess is just the tip of the financial crisis iceberg, which is going to sink us like the Titantic if we don't get Con-gress to pull their heads out of their butts and start cutting spending in a very serious way.

    ReplyDelete