Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pajamas Media » What Guns Would the Founders Ban?

Pajamas Media » What Guns Would the Founders Ban?

What a wonderful take on what the Founding Fathers thought about the 2nd Amendment. I have already commented at the site, but I will repeat it here as well. I believe in a fully armed public and every (sane) American adult should own two weapons, a handgun for personal defense and a rifle for home and property defense. They should be fully trained to use both and their safe handling. This works in Israel and Switzerland because of mandatory military service, but would be extremely useful here. I believe strongly petty crime ends when the consequences are a high likelihood of death. It would also end home invasions and with biometric triggering the guns would be useless for anyone by the owner. This would also be useful in defending against all enemies foreign and domestic because I highly doubt that most of them would be stupid enough to take on a fully armed and trained populace (militia) as the Founding Fathers intended. I know that there are those out there that believe all guns are bad and what happened in Tucson only proves the point, but my counter is what would have happened if everyone there would have been carrying and saw this butt nugget shoot the Congresswoman? I think we would not be having a trial right now because deadly force would have been authorized and I for one would have gladly put that mutt down before he hurt and killed so many people. Let's hear what you all think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment