Saturday, November 7, 2009

Common Sense

Just finished reading Glenn Beck's Common Sense and it was very refreshing and insightful. I just wish that it were required reading for every voter and high school kid. This country is going to hell in a hand basket and it seems we willingly support the trip. I am constantly amazed that our Congress gets away with the crap that it does, but should I really be amazed at this point or is that the definition of crazy. I keep thinking that a some point that the pain level is going to get high enough that people will finally spring into action to put and end to garbage that is coming out of Washington. Sadly this is not the case and I am beginning to wonder what it is going to take to wake up America.

I am now afraid that we have a majority in this country that is happy to turn over control of our lives to the government. These people actually believe that Washington knows what is best for them. I see evidence of this daily and it is the only thing being spewed by the MSM and the intellectual elites. Some of know that there is a problem and maybe we can't point our finger on it, but unless we do something real soon it won't matter because we will all be sold into slavery of the government. We have already mortgaged our children and if we don't stop now we are going to spend our way into banana republic status.

I encourage everyone to read Glenn's book and then pass it on to someone you love or needs a wake up call. I really think that time is running out and if we don't wake more people up it is going to be too late. On a side note, I think I may be becoming a libertarian because I am sick of all government stupidity and though some of their ideas may seem crazy on the surface they have merit when you dig into them. I am still reading and digging, but they seem to understand that the best government is one that governs least.

No comments:

Post a Comment