Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Enumerated Powers Act

Representative John Shadegg (R-AZ) has re-introduced The Enumerated Powers Act (EPA). This bill would force Congress to cite the specific constitutional authority for every law they pass. DC Downsizer

Too bad that this bill will never really see the light of day, but wouldn't it be great if it did. Just think the criminals in Congress would have to cite the Constitution for every piece of legislation that passes through the Congress. We wouldn't have bailouts, income tax, or cap & trade because they are not allowed to do so by the Constitution. I know that I am a worn out drum about contacting the politician that represents you and let them know how you feel about this bill.

I would love to see this happen, but pigs haven't been flying out of my butts so I won't hold my breath.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy.

    Ever since the Civil War States' rights have been in decline and the Federal government has been growing in size and in scope. Government of all sorts consumes about half of our economic output.

    I'm hoping that total economic collapse will starve the beast.

    ReplyDelete