Thursday, April 2, 2009

I just don't know anymore.

It is the sad truth that I can't believe what is going on and have zero idea what is going to happen next. I was happy to see the Republicans come out with an alternative plan, but the whole flat tax thing leaves me just that flat. Why continue the class warfare? Why don't we try something completely different and try the Federal Sales Tax to pay off the National Debt. I know that we won't make much progress until we control spending, but it would be a good faith effort and at least a start. Once Congress sees how easy and how much money starts rolling in then we can move this country to the Fair Tax and dump the whole income tax thing. Plus, the Fair Tax would put an end to corporate tax as well, which would bring business back to the US. I know I am dreaming and with the way things are in Congress I am sure neither the Republican or my ideas will make anymore difference than a fart in a hurricane.

Over on Glenn Beck's 912 Project there are a lot of angry Americans and a lot of Tea Parties being planned, but until election day 2010 it is just a lot of hot air. I can understand that misery loves company and it is a good place to vent and run your cake hole, but real change can only truly come in 2010. Sure some in Congress will be affected by the outcry, but they have already made it abundantly clear that they won and it sucks to be us. I am not saying that nothing will come of this public outcry, but until the Congress undergoes a real change there will be little we can do. I've said it before and I will keep saying it, you can't replace one group of career politicians with another because they are all pretty much the same corrupt and only worried about staying in office. I say join the 912 Project and lend your voice, but when the time comes in 2010 do the right thing and vote out career politicians.

1 comment:

  1. The 2010 election will tell us whether there is still hope for this country or if we should simply disengage and go hermit.

    ReplyDelete