Friday, April 10, 2009

Can You Trust the President?

The President and his crack team (not smart just on crack) are looking to aggressively do something about the economy. This scares the living crap out of me because every time they say something like this we get a new round of deficit spending and the market tanks. We are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel in the markets and along comes the President to snuff out all hope. The markets had been quietly rebounding for about a month, as the President had taken time off from running the country down because he had gotten all the goodies he had wanted from the rubber stamp Congress.

Now that things have settled a little he drops two bombs in a row. First lets provide amnesty to all illegals before we secure the border. This make absolutely zero sense because why don't we just say that we now have an open immigration policy where anyone who wants to come in can. The second is another round of bailouts to kick start the economy. The same holds true that you don't recover from a recession by government spending and taxing. You recover by cutting both of those. I know that I have already said that we had seen modest gains in the markets, but that wasn't from the stimulus but rather the lack of government meddling. The markets lost half their value and there was some undervaluing that accounts for the current gains. The gains would not have occurred if the government had kept up its assault on the markets. That isn't to say that the latest round won't drive the market even lower undervalue or not.

Are you getting ready for next Wednesday? Are you going to gather with other concerned citizens to voice your disapproval? The Tea Parties are growing so large the MSM can no longer ignore them or tag them as lunatic right wingers' sour grapes. I hope that they are even larger than expected and finally the career politicians in Washington get the message that their days are numbered if they stay the current course. It isn't too late to stop and seriously cut spending (not just defense spending). We need some drastic action from Congress to prevent the complete collapse of our economy and the American way of life. We aren't perfect and there are some personal changes needed as well, but now is the time to start taking back our economy and country.

6 comments:

  1. Hi:) I found a way to contact you:) I will give you my secondary email address and you can contact me there, please reference our conversation on the board, then I will send you my regular email address and we will see what we can accomplish.

    By the way, you are an Old Salt indeed:) Thank you for your service, it will be a pleasure to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna,

    I appreciate the idea of working through email, but I am not comfortable emailing any female that isn't my wife. It opens the door to too many things and I don't feel right about it. I will gladly work with you in an open forum to enact change, but I must insist that everything to be done out in the open.

    Respectfully,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answer to the question you pose in you blog post is NO. We cannot trust him, his cabinet or the current congress. They are all hel bent for leather in advancing the libral agenda and benifiting corporate interests. All at the expense of the middle class. They don't give a damn about the working class men and women, those in uniform or any others than their elitist group and political donators.
    To sum it up, We spent all those years punching holes in the ocean, standing the duty and doing the job so that these ass hats can piss it all away.
    Keep writing
    Nereus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nereus,

    I will keep writing because it is the only thing that keeps me sane in this insane time. It is good to know that there are other people that feel the same way that I do. I will fight for this country until the very end of either me or it. We didn't punch holes for this and I am not going to let a bunch of no talent ass clowns take down this country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy,
    I wasn't implying that we should roll over and let them piss the freedoms and fortunes of our great nation away. Now is the time we need to come to the aid of our country.

    It just burns my keister to see these ignorate fools who haven't really put in a day of real work in their lives try and transform it into a sophmoric liberal college/commune vision where mediocrity and failure rule; and excellence,independence and success are disdained.

    I feel the way you do, I just haven't had the time to get on my soap box of a blog and rant.
    Nereus

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am there with you and we must stand up now while we can to rail against the tyranny that is Washington.

    ReplyDelete