Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Direction

I had to take a long hard look at the future based on yesterday's events. As you might have noticed that there are some changes on the blog. The Palin banners and support have been removed, that doesn't mean that I personally dislike her or what she stands for, but I've come to realize she isn't what this country needs right now. We need people that are not out at the extremes, but more in the middle. How I feel personally is of no consequence because I am just a small part of a much bigger whole.


If America is going to survive and thrive in the next few years and beyond, we must come together in the middle and force the extremes of both parties back to the middle. In good conscience I cannot advocate such a position and support such a polarizing person, no matter how much I agree with her positions. We need the people in the newly elected Congress to push back to the middle and let go of the extreme left and right. We need people who will vote down the extremist stuff that they are likely to see in the near future (i.e. Freedom of Choice Act, Fairness Doctrine).


We the people must not take our eyes off of the American Dream of being the home of the free and land of the brave. We must not allow the military to be gutted to pay for additional social programs that end up leave us weak and unable to defend our interests. We must not become so isolationist that we allow our friends to suffer at the hands of crazed dictators around the globe. We need to care for all of our people, but be careful not create a welfare state that refuses to care for themselves. We must return to the pioneer spirit and throw off the shackles of government. We need to remind Washington who's money they are spending and that it isn't limitless.

If my taking down the Palin banners offends, I'm sorry. I really feel that this country and the Republican party need to do some serious soul searching and let the certain views go. I am not for a theocracy or Communism. I am for the land of the free and the home of the brave. I have proudly served this country and will continue to do so, but as in my oath I am to protect it from all enemies foreign and domestic. The extremism in the current system is a domestic enemy, so I am going to fight to protect my country. I am personally a strong conservative, but my personal views are not what is important for this country as a whole. We Americans do not all feel the same way on a lot of stuff, but we must come together under the new President and make this country better. I am not saying give up everything you believe in, but maybe just put more fight into the things that are really important for this country to survive and thrive for the next two hundred years.

If you don't agree with me that is okay because this country was built on many different ideas, but the one thing that has always been the same, we are all Americans first. That is what is truly important as we stand at the doorway of a new era in the American experiment. Let me hear how you feel and what you think we should do. I still think Gov. Palin is great and could have a great future, but we will leave that for another time.

3 comments:

  1. Concur Sandy. In the end, Whether its OBama or McCain, I'm sure they'd both be motivated to do the best they can.

    No sense getting all upset over it.

    Tom

    PS - can you email me at tom@dare2believe.com? Got a question.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to chide but C'mon. Now that the Hivehead is history, she's a little to polarizing and extreme and you want the country to move toward the middle?

    After eight years of GW and six of a Republican Congress, I kind of hope that Barry seizes the means of production and sets up an abortion mill in every elementary school nurses office.

    Just kidding. I don't think you have anything to worry about with Barry. I'm a liberal in many ways. Barry, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reddog,

    Barry is going to make the Freedom Of Choice Act law, which will end all discussion on abortion because no state will be able to pass any laws which prevents any abortion at anytime. This law would prevent parental notification, allow late term and partial birth, and most likely limit abortion survivor aid. This is a top priority for the new Congress and will most likely pass, but there will be a huge backlash if it does.

    I don't believe that abortion is right for my family. It is the current law of the land, so I don't protest by yelling, screaming or bombing. I would work towards limiting certain types which boarder on the cruel and inhumane (see above). I think a lot of people feel the same way and that is what I mean by moving to the middle.

    If you think that every abortion is bad and that the mother life doesn't even matter, than you are going to lose a lot of people. This is the reason the South Dakota's law was voted down twice. It went too far and was very polarizing. We need to stop the the most inhumane ones first and then we can work on others over time through education and birth control.

    But even the Bible didn't put an end to the babies in the fire, it just forbade God's people from doing it. So, if God didn't stop it then what is to say that He is going to stop it now?

    Just throwing another log onto the fire.

    ReplyDelete