Friday, September 5, 2008

The Election

After watching the McCain speech last night I am okay with him becoming President for the next four years and then turning things over to VP Palin. If you have read any of the stuff that I have been saying about cleaning up Washington then you can see why I am okay with McCain. I would like to believe him that he is going to put Washington on notice, but in my heart I know better. I understand that compromise is part of doing business and would securing our boarders been so bad. I just have a hard time believe that he can pull it off because he has been in Washington too long and has way to many enemies on both sides of the aisle.

I am putting my real hope in the Hockey Mom from Alaska. She is an outsider that owns nothing to special interests groups or either parties' elected dinosaurs. Sure, she took federal money to better her community, but she used it on the community and not to get her name put on a building somewhere owned by some lobbyist. Washington has a way of changing people and that is easily seen when you look how the Republicans acted once they came to power in both chambers. The truth is that if you truly want to reform Washington you have to do some serious hard work and force the career politicians into doing what is right for the country and not for them. We have to let them know that if they don't they are out of there.

The two conventions just showed how influence pedaling corporations just skirted around campaign finance reform. They laid out about $100 million between the two conventions. Tell me that won't buy them good will in the Congress. We have to stand up to this and put an end to it. We need to start closing all the loopholes and enforce the laws to clean up the cesspool that is Washington. I hope McCain appoints a blue ribbon committee headed by VP Palin to investigate and implement this kind of reform. It sure won't make them popular with the elected elite, but it would go a long way with the people. I doubt Sen. McCain reads this blog, but maybe someone will put a bug in his ear or a burr under his saddle to make this happen.

As a founding member of the Sub Guys for Palin, I have updated the website to reflect our position. I also would like to get a grassroots movement to get her to tour as many subs as possible, so talk to everyone you know and get the CO's to invite her on down and then take lots of pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to work on a graphic for us this weekend. Sub Guys For Palin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy. I got us a logo on my blog.

    eric

    ReplyDelete