Thursday, July 10, 2008

Freedom of Speach

As I was zipping around the news/blogs I saw something that really concerned me about the ability to speak the truth as one sees it. I am not talking hate mongering or out-right lies, but personal view points. We are guaranteed the right to say any dumb thing that comes into our heads as long as it isn't classified or lies. Take Rev. Jackson for example, he wanted to crush Obama's nuts. What is wrong with saying that if that is what you believe and it isn't a lie.

The press is having a field day with it, but why? Who cares? I know that people might feel that they can force people to play nice, but Rev. Jackson is entitled to his opinion. Having the right to say anything doesn't always make it right. Rev. Jackson had every right to express his true feelings, but he was not right to do so because if you are out pushing your agenda, you have to appeal to the greatest audience and try not to offend. This is where Rev. Jackson went wrong and he will suffer the consequences of it. It was only a matter of time before we heard from the Rev. Jackson and I'm sure Rev. Sharpton will be soon to follow.

Enough with the whole controversy get over it already and move on to more important things like when is the bombing going to start. I still have the 29th of October, so get your votes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment